WE WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT CHANGES THAT AFFECT YOU ATTENDING ZOZOBRA 2021!
Thank you so much for your interest in witnessing gloom being defeated at the 97th Burning of Zozobra! We can’t wait to welcome you! But we need to let you know that we have made the prudent decision to make changes to the event.
For those of you who may be upset with these changes, you can request a refund with no questions asked. And we hope you will join us in person in 2022!
To attend Zozobra, you will need to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test result with 72 hours of the event for entry. Proof can be from anywhere. You can provide proof in a hard copy (printed or on a card) or on your phone. Kids who are not vaccinated must be accompanied by an adult, who must provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test result with 72 hours of the event for entry. Kids should wear a mask at the event.
If you purchased a ticket before this requirement was put in place and do not wish to attend, please contact us for a full refund, no questions asked.
WHAT DO THESE NEW PLANS MEAN FOR YOU?
Below are the safety protocols we have put in place for Zozobra 2021.
We are observing all Federal and New Mexico State public health orders currently in place and will institute any changes required on Friday, September 3rd by our Federal and State public health officials.
Thanks to PNM and AVANGRID, we’ve been able to reduce attendance to make your Zozobra experience safer and more comfortable, and you will be one of only 10,000 ticket-holders at the burning.
Because we care about your safety, we are reducing human-to-human contact wherever possible and have the following protocols in place:
- All volunteers are required to provide proof of a negative COVID test result within 72 hours of the event in order to volunteer at Zozobra so that you can be confident that any interaction with our staff will be safe.
- All vendors are required to be vaccinated and must provide service double-masked and wearing gloves. Vendors are required to wipe down any contact areas each time someone new approaches to place an order. Vendors must also have hand sanitizer available for their customers to use. Anyone handling payments is not allowed to handle food during the same timeframe.
- Drinks will be stored in an anti-viral solution.
- A dedicated staff member will handle cash and credit card transactions separately and must wear and change gloves for every transaction.
- We will provide over 16,000 antibacterial wipes for use at portable restrooms, and restrooms will be frequently cleaned with an antibacterial spray.
- Merchandise will be selected from a no-touch display in a merchandise tent, and merchandise orders will be picked up from a separate tent.
Once again, you are welcome to request a refund if you do not wish to join us for the 97th Burning of Zozobra.
We are ready to send your gloom up in smoke and we thank you for your understanding!