Net proceeds from the 2018 Burning of Zozobra are administered by the Santa Fe Downtown Kiwanis Foundation.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2018 ZOZOBRA GRANT CYCLE ARE NOW CLOSED. THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION WAS FRIDAY, JANUARY 18, 2019 AT 5 P.M.
WE REGRET THAT NO MORE SUBMISSIONS CAN BE ACCEPTED.
Thank you to those who have applied, and we will contact you once our Foundation Board has had ample time to consider your grant requests.
This year the Kiwanis Club of Santa Fe gifted just over $70,000 to the Santa Fe Downtown Kiwanis Foundation from the net proceeds of the 2018 burning of Zozobra.
See how net proceeds from Zozobra have helped our kids in the past: https://burnzozobra.com/your-fundraising-dollars-at-work/
Santa Fe Downtown Kiwanis Foundation
2018 Request for Proposals
The Santa Fe Kiwanis Foundation is now accepting requests for funding from 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations or public/governmental agencies that provide services for children and youth in Santa Fe and surrounding counties. Services that Kiwanis funds will support include health/medical, food/clothing/shelter, education, arts, and recreation.
Funds awarded are the net proceeds from the burning of Will Shuster’s Zozobra. Grant requests up to $5,000 will be considered.
Proposals were accepted from December 18, 2018 through January 18, 2019 at 5 p.m. and can no longer be accepted.
- A proposal of no more than two pages including the following:
- Organization name, address, phone number, and website address
- Name, title and contact information for the person preparing the proposal and the person responsible for the project
- A statement verifying that the organization is either a 501(c)(3) organization in good standing with the IRS and the New Mexico Attorney General, or a public/governmental agency
- Mission statement
- Program description including how the requested funds will be used
- Number of children/youth who will be served by the program
2. Project budget showing income sources and expenses
3. Current organizational financial statement
If you have questions about the status of your application, please contact Kiwanis Foundation President Stuart R. Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 505-670-4436.