It’s Time For ZozoFest & The Zozobra Art Exhibit
Come to Santa Fe Place Mall to get a first look at Zozobra!
ZozoFest is back and the FUN IS FREE!
It’s that time of year again – time to meet Santa Fe’s iconic disrupter, the king of gloom, trouble-maker extraordinaire – Zozobra himself!
Gather the gang and head Southside to be among the first to meet Old Man Gloom at the FREE Annual ZozoFest and Zozobra Art Show, Friday through Sunday, August 25-27, 2024, in the space next to Boot Barn on the western end of Santa Fe Place Mall at 4250 Cerrillos Rd, Santa Fe, NM, 87507.
Please note: No food or drinks inside the ZozoFest area –– we have to keep our monster in pristine condition before he shows up as the guest of honor at Fort Marcy Park.
2023 ZozoFest Schedule
Friday, August 25, 2024, 5 – 8 p.m.
- First chance to see Zozobra 2024 in all his gloomy glory
- Get into the 2000s or 2010s era mood with hot tunes, and check out the mall shops for a great millennial look!
- Take selfies with Zozobra photobombing over your shoulder.
- Rock out to millennial tunes from DJ Sin.
- Stuff your glooms inside Zozobra to make your worries go up in smoke when he gets torched.
- Get first dibs on collectible one-of-a-kind Zozobra art.
Saturday, August 26, 2024, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Zozobra will be waiting for you to come greet him.
- Admire the amazing Zozobra Art Exhibit.
- Score the new Zozobra merchandise and collectibles.
- Meet Zozobra poster artist, Nathan Chavez, and have him sign your poster.
- Make your own Zozobra Art at the free crafts tables
- Celebrate with a millennial playlist of your favorite tunes from DJ Sin.
Sunday, August 27, 2024, 10 – 4 p.m.
- Share a moment with Zozobra before he heads home to Fort Marcy Pak.
- Don’t miss your last chance to see the Zozobra Art Exhibit.
- Enjoy a musical visit back to the millennial era with DJ Sin.
Come get a first look at Zozobra in person before he travels to Fort Marcy Park to meet his immortal foe, the Fire Spirit, at the100th Annual Burning of Zozobra on Friday, August 30, 2024, at Ft. Marcy Park.
This year, the Zozobra Decades Project takes Zozobra into the 2000s-2010s, and it’s time to let yourself get stoked to connect to Santa Fe’s most historic tradition. The Zozobra Art Exhibit recognizes the importance of Zozobra as an icon for the City of Santa Fe and ZozoFest brings inspired depictions of Santa Fe’s favorite monster together in one place. Dedicated collectors can purchase one-of-a-kind artwork in a variety of media. Hundreds of drawings created by Santa Fe Public School students will be on display, showcasing the enduring love for Santa Fe’s oldest malcontent. “When the Kiwanis Club builds Zozobra, we accept that we also have to get rid of him,” says Zozobra Event Chair Ray Sandoval. “This is his purpose but the artwork created in his likeness lets him stay alive all year round as a meaningful part of our history and culture. This is an art show for all artists, all ages, and all media –– it doesn’t matter if it’s your first art show or your 100th –– we want to share your amazing artwork!”
The Zozobra Art Show will have lots of fun items on display: historic artwork, paintings, drawings, prints, photography, and contemporary works for sale by local artists.
THE GOOD NEWS
You can purchase 2024 Zozobra Tickets, Posters, T-Shirts and Collectibles at ZozoFest. General Admission Tickets will be on sale $20 each, take $5 off with the New Mexico residents discount; kids 10 & under free. Express Entry tickets $25 with $5 off for New Mexico residents.
Buy in advance and save! On ZOZOBRA DAY ONLY, Friday, August 30, 2024 General Admission tickets will be $25 online and $30 at the gate and Express Entry will be #30 online and $35 at the gate.
General Admission and Express Entry Tickets are available for purchase online HERE or at these in-person ticket locations! DEL NORTE CREDIT UNION, U.S. EAGLE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION, GUADALUPE CREDIT UNION, and STATE EMPLOYEES CREDIT UNION.
As an only-in-Santa-Fe experience, nothing is more amazing than Zozobra Premium Viewing. AVAILABLE ONLINE ONLY HERE If not sold out Premium Viewing ticket prices increase by 10% on Friday, August 30, 2024, on Zozobra Day only.
Posters, tees, and other great Zozobra gear are available online HERE and will be available at the ZozoFest Merchandise Booth from Friday, August 25 – Sunday, August 27, and at the Burning of Zozobra, Friday, September 1 at Ft. Marcy Park. A sell-out is always possible so buy early and get the best selection!
Get This Year’s Cool 2023 ZozobraGear!
The Official 2024 Zozobra Poster will be available at both the ZozoFest Merchandise Booth and the Burning of Zozobra on Friday, September 1.